Monday 8 September 2014

I've returned!

It's been an incredibly busy summer (sadly not full of acting jobs!) for me, so please excuse my absence from the internet. What exactly has happened? Well in all honesty, it's been a multitude of things....

Firstly, my resting job has been extremely busy and overwhelming the past few months. I've been working 48 hour weeks then coming home exhausted, eating, sleeping then repeating the cycle. At the weekend, all I want to do is sleep some more and the more I've seen my self imposed writing deadlines pile up, the harder it's been to start up again.

Secondly, it's been a tough month emotionally. I've been very distracted from my acting goals for a number of reasons. Somewhere during the summer, I lost my focus and I'm only just regaining my mojo. 

I'm starting to turn over a new leaf, and am trying to tackle my problems, which boils down to me trying to get the right balance in my life by having enough money to survive and having the flexibility I need to perform. This is by no means a unique problem, and I'll talk more about the various jobs I've had during my life in another post. Right now, I'm actively looking for other work and also trying to increase my performance experience. This past weekend I've spent at a musical theatre workshop which has refocused my energy and made me realise what's really important in life.
Life's too short to be miserable, so from now on I'm going to focus on making good choices for my future and staying positive(ish).  Fingers crossed I succeed!

Yours faithfully,
the postgrad-app 

No comments:

Post a Comment