Monday 27 October 2014

That's my goal

Recently I've been thinking about what I'd like to have achieved in the next 12 months, and I thought it might be a good idea to come up with a list on here so that there's no avoiding it! Hopefully, in a years time I'll be able to look back on this list and think about all that I've accomplished. So without further ado:


1.Get into drama school
This is the big one, obviously there are no guarantees with the application process but I am trying/hoping/praying that this year will be my year

2.Do the splits- both sides and box splits! 
I'm taking dance classes and attempting to improve my rather limited flexibility as we speak. Gonna get there eventually!

3.Run a half marathon
Given that I struggle to do parkrun, this is currently looking less likely than me getting into every school I apply to. But I guess it's good to have dreams!

4.Get 2000 views on this blog
I'm already so chuffed with the number of you who've been reading, and to reach that goal would be absolutely amazing
- Achievement unlocked 30/4/15!
Genuinely so moved by the number of you who have followed this journey with me, thank you so so much! 

5.Become a half decent dancer
Not asking for any miracles here, just hoping that at some point I'll feel less like an elephant with an ingrown toenail when I'm at ballet...

6.Be paid to act
I've been to a fair few pro auditions, and it would be amazing if just one of these could actually translate into some work!

7.Become a semi-proficient musician (again)
For those of you currently unaware, I was once a pretty good pianist but in recent years I've let myself go. A lot. I really ought to try and get those skills back, who knows- they might help me get a job one day!

8.Be content with where I am
This is another big one, and I know it's pretty vague. I can't help but feel at the moment, that my life is on hold waiting for the results of another application cycle. I hope that, in a year's time, I'll feel like my life is slightly less directionless and that I'll be making some progress towards my dream career.

I'm going to publish this post, and then not look at it until either
a) the date is 27/10/2015 or
b) I accomplish one of my goals and get to strike it off the list!

Fingers crossed, I'll be back here before the end of the 12 months!

Yours faithfully,
the post-grad app


No comments:

Post a Comment